vrijdag 31 januari 2020

Brexit, goodbye Great Britain


Dear people of Great Britain, after being a member of the EEC and the EU for 47 years, you are leaving the EU today. I think it's a shame but I respect your choice. The EU will therefore be governed by Germany and France from now on. Two countries that have fought many bloody wars with each other in the past like the Franco-Prussian War, WWI and WWII. While most people nowadays only know the history from what they have seen on TV in recent days, I have not forgotten the European history.

As I said, I will miss Britain in the EU. Although I have never agreed with your pro-American politics and your royal family and government have around the world caused much misery, but I love your country. I have enjoyed your politicians during your membership of the EEC and the EU. For example, think back to Margaret Thatcher who regularly gave Germany and France a headache by blocking the European budget or the European agricultural policy. 

I know that there has always been a kind of love-hate relationship between Great Britain and mainland Europe. And maybe it is good for the EU  and you that you now leaving the EU, but I will miss your voice in Brussels. History will tell if you have taken the right step. In any case, I hope that we can remain good friends despite this divorce and I wish the British people all the best for now and in the future.

Peter68 © ® 31-01-2020